Monday, November 26, 2012

Influenster - College VoxBox 2012

I have received my 1st VoxBox from Influenster!



You may be wondering, "What is a VoxBox and this Influenster you speak of?" Well to make a long description short, Influenster is a FREE site (community) where people pretty much give their 2cents about products and you can get rewards for doing so.  Now this is where the VoxBox comes in, you receive this reward based on your lifestyle.  The VoxBox contains FREE products that is based on a certain theme.  Influenster pre-selects individuals via e-mail, who then fill out a survey AND based on that survey Influenster will determine whether the next VoxBox is right for you. If you are luck enough to receive a VoxBox, your job is to then try the products and review them. 

Still confused? 
Just click here --> Influenster  to read more

Below is what I received in my College VoxBox 2012 and my thoughts on each one (see below for detailed description on each item);


imPRESS Press-On Manicure
Not very imPRESS [ed]. They felt very cheap and uncomfortable. I took them off right after putting them on and will not be buying them EVER. Now note, I have only worn fake nails once and did not like them either. If you are the type that likes to get your nails done (fake ones that is), then this may be for you. It is quick and easy to put on.  A good friend of mine actually bought some and it lasted her about 2 weeks before they started coming off. My current favorite is sticking to painting my own nails (I will write a review soon on nail polishes I use).
Final Verdict: NO


NYC New York Show Time Glitter Eye-liner Pencil
I am not a BIG make-up person and whenever I do buy make up I like to keep it  cheap in price...unless it's a make-up product I really do use such as mascara. When I received this eye-liner I went ahead and swatched it on my hand (as you can see) and it swatched smoothly. The next day I went ahead and tried it.  It went on my eye lids as smoothly as it swatched. I am pretty happy with it and will probably use it here and there. The only thing I did not care for was the glitter, but the glitter was not a BIG deal.  It is a good eye-liner without the big price tag.  My current favorite eye-liner will be NYC if the non-glittery one works as well as this one.       
Final Verdict: YES


Necco Tropical Wafers
In simple words, YUCK! I love candy, don't get me wrong...but these wafers did not hit the spot. These were by far the worst things I have tasted this year. Each flavor I tasted got spit right out.  I had a 2nd opinion and they thought the same thing, YUCK! My current favorite candy...sorry too many to choose from, but these defiantly did not make the list.
Final Verdict: NO
Pentel EnerGel-X Campaign
I was very excited to get this pen. I have this little pen obsession  so as soon as I saw it I started using it. It is not amazing, but it is not bad. It writes smoothly and does not smear, so that is always a plus. I will be honest though, I did not get a chance to use it for long because when I took it to work it disappeared lol. My current favorite pens are still the Sharpie Pens and Paper Mate InkJoy 700.
Final Verdict: SURE


ENERGY ShEEts
Let me begin with, I am [not] a morning person. I work in retail, so Black Friday was an extremely early morning for me at work.  As soon as I woke up on that amazing Friday morning, I immediately grabbed one of these sheets in hopes that it would help me through my looong shift. When I placed it on my tongue, it kind of reminded me of those Listerine PocketPaks! It had that nice minty taste and my breath felt fresh after it dissolved.  Either the busy work day kept me awake and alert OR these energy sheets really did work, because after a couple hours after using these I was not sleepy AND most importantly no crash after the work day. My current favorite wake me up and keep me up is this liquid product called I AM ENERGIZED.  If you can't find my current favorite, then these sheets may be for you.   
Final Verdict: YES

Here is the description on each item

No comments:

Post a Comment